Google Search from Why2Fly

Custom Search

i pilot & Thirty Thousand Feet Directory

Your aviation resource. Thirty Thousand Feet - Aviation Directory

Thursday, June 4, 2009

A Scary but true story with a happy ending




And here is one from real life - I was a Chief Instructor on a cert. ride with the FAA and I'd had everything thrown at me including left and right engine failure while flying IFR under the hood. We were approaching McMinnville on the ILS with one engine reduced to idle thrust and I went to lower gear at the outer marker and it wouldn't go down so I said "look my situational awareness tells me to utilize all resources available in the cockpit, and you are one of them. Would you please undo whatever you just did to the gear?" And he responded, in a low voice, "I didn't do anything to the gear, the simulation just ended." And I took the hood off and we trouble-shot (electrical issue) and got the gear down working together.


Onwards & Upwards,


Rob Bremmer

No comments: